Tags are used to label or highlight items in the interface.
Table of contents
How to use Tag
- tags are used to inform users of the status of an element in the interface
- keep in mind the recommended color coding for each of tagType
- there is a
small size of Tag available. This might be used in denser areas of content
- Primary - used for the entity that has been changed, it maps to entityStatusType
- Primary filled - used to highlight a new functionality or to indicate changes in the interface.
- Positive - used for the entity that has been published, it maps to entityStatusType
- Negative - used for the entity that has been deleted, it maps to entityStatusType
- Warning - used for the entity that has been deleted, it maps to entityStatusType
- Secondary - used for all the secondary elements, for example in the list of versions:
- Featured - used for featured entities that should be highlighted.
- Muted - this
tagType is deprecated, please use
- try to use labels with short, scannable text
- try to use a single word to describe the status of an element
- try to describe the status in the past tense, like changed or archived
- text must be clear enough for color-blind users to be able to understand immediately without needing to rely only on the color.