Switch is a control that is used to quickly switch between two possible states. Switch works like a physical switch that allows users to turn things on or off, like a light switch.
Table of contents
How to use Switch
- use when a setting requires an on/off or show/hide function to display the results
- use when user needs to perform instantaneous actions that do not need a review or confirmation
- use when user is toggling independent features or behaviors
Switch vs Checkbox
Switch is a two-step action: selection and execution, whereas checkbox is just selection of an option and its execution usually requires another control.
- use clear and concise label for Switch component
- if needed provide additional information for the user if Switch will cause a change in the context